Permanent professional dance floor surfaces were designed for dance studios, rehearsal rooms and stages as they have unique characteristics like high durability, sound absorption and slip resistance... Usually the dense version is installed as a fixed dance floor as they are more rigid and durable than the soft vinyl (which are usually used as a portable dance floor). Permanent dance carpets are also available with a cushioned back and even with fiberglass lining.
Professional dancers are able to judge instinctively whether a floor feels right or not. That is why it is important to make the right choice because a fixed Marley floor will be used for a long time. You first have to consider how it will be used, and of course there are some other questions that you need to answer. For example:
- What kind of activities will take place on the floor?
- How noisy can the given space be? Usually there noise restrictions.
- Will a subfloor be used or not?
- What is the length and width of the space?
- Are there any unusual structures in the space like doors, heaters, steps …
- What installation process will be used? Will it be welded or taped? (Check out our accessories)
Most of the time the dance style will immediately determine the type of floor needed, and if more options are available, you can make your final decision based on the preference of the dancers, as they are of course the end users. They are the ones who will be training and performing on the floor and have to be satisfied with the hardness, softness, rebound and traction properties of the floor.
To sum it up, a perfect floor can fulfil not only health and safety requirements, but also performance aspirations all at the same time